Sep 16, 2010

The Last Rose of Summer



"'Tis the last rose of summer,
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions

 Are faded and gone."  
Thomas Moore, The Last Rose of Summer, 1830

Ah, September. I truly love this month.  When I lived in NJ, the minute I walked out the door I could feel the charge in the air heralding changes to come. Not so much in SoCal; but the trade off is that the weather is particularly glorious right now and although the seasonal change is less dramatic that in my years past, the beauty of the surroundings more than compensates.

This rose  exemplifies all that is beautiful in Southern California. She was majestically preening for all to see as she swayed along the coastal waters in Long Beach this past week. It was a remarkable day, the weather was beyond compare and I was especially grateful as it was my birthday. It doesn't get any better than to drive along the Californian coast and take in the wonder of it all.

Changes are under way at Chez Laurice as well. I am busy, busy, busy bringing in new treasures that have been collected and curated with a very discerning eye. The arrival of new merchandise welcomes autumn's debut.  Vintage linens, aprons, and such are but a few of the offerings that are finding their way to the shop.

The vignettes are almost complete and pics will be posted within a few days. Till then, enjoy nature's changing of the guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment