Dec 10, 2012


Coastal Christmas

Themed Christmas trees may be either chic or shocking. 

I have two quotes to consider regarding this decorating conundrum. 

They are both from the one and only Coco Chanel.

 Her first quote is 
  "Less is always more."

The second quote is
 "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory."

So, regarding the trimmed Christmas tree, should one keep it less rather than more?

Should one remove several tree 'accessories' before the big 'reveal?'

I decorated the above tree in an obvious coastal theme.
 Starfish, shells, pearl garland and faux coral adorn the tree. Raffia was draped as pseudo seaweed and sparkling lights  illuminated the underwater replication.

To complete the effect, I strategically placed the tree in front of a seaside poster.

I like the result; especially since it was decorated in my niece's condo  'down the (Jersey) shore' several years ago.

Do you think that Coco would have taken off one of the pearl strands . . .  um, I mean garland?

It doesn't really matter what Coco would think. My coastal Christmas tree delivers the message of the Seaside Season.

At this difficult time for so many still suffering from Super Storm Sandy 
I hope that my attempt at a Coastal Christmas respite may bring a smile for  those in need of a little Christmas spirit.

Let's all remember to not forget those who still need our help.


No comments:

Post a Comment