Nov 22, 2012

Giving thanks

Gatherings are taking place throughout our land today to celebrate Thanksgiving. 
We are so blessed to live in this country. 

I remember attending a dinner party in Paris years past. Throughout the entire evening my Parisian dinner partners detailed for me all that is wrong with the U.S. and its inhabitants. Quietly, a charming gentleman leaned over to me and with a twinkle in his eye said, "Don't take what we say too seriously. We would all give our right arm to carry an American passport." 
That moment is with me today. 

Such blessings for living in America. Nothing is perfect, but I would venture to say that we come as close as possible and the world knows that.

My wish is that one day soon everyone may have peace of mind and heart and that the joy of this special day is truly for everyone. I think that may be achieved by all of us first trying to give back and then we may certainly give thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment